Planned Giving: Charitable Gift Annuities
A Charitable Gift Annuity is a contract, exchanging cash or securities, in return for the Society's guarantee to make fixed quarterly payments that last as long as either annuitant(s) live.
Gift annuities benefit both the VHS and its supporters. They:
• may be established with gifts of cash or securities valued at $50,000 or more
• may make payments to either one or two people
• make fixed payments based upon the age of the annuitant(s) when the annuity is established
(the older the annuitant(s) are, the higher the fixed percentage payment rate will be)
This type of gift has many benefits, including:
• an immediate and significant charitable deduction from income tax, as provided by law
• avoidance of capital gains tax on appreciated property transferred in exchange for the annuity
• stable, substantial income backed by the assets of the VHS
• a major gift that will perpetuate the Society's work and your support for it
Want to See an Illustration?
Our gift calculator can help you illustrate a charitable gift annuity based upon information specified by you.
Go to gift calculator
Other Planned Giving options available:
• Retirement Plan Gifts
• Charitable Remainder Trusts
• Charitable Lead Trusts
• Insurance Policies
This gift option entitles you to membership in the Virginia Historical Society's Virginia Heritage Registry.