March 15, 2009 – May 15, 2009
Gilt watch fob made for the C. F. Sauer Company, c. 1907, including miniatures
of medals won at World’s Fairs. Purchased through the William Anderson Hagey Fund.
Glass bottle and wood crate labeled "Radium Water," "Blackrock Springs, Va.,"
"R.T. Miller," and "Grottoes, VA.," c. 1920–30. Gift of Janet Lefferts in memory of
James Samuel Patterson, Round Hill.
Committee chair used in the Virginia State Capitol by the Virginia General Assembly in
the 1960s. Purchased.
Confederate drum found near Seven Pines in 1935. Gift of Robert B. Bass, Richmond.
Beaded sash, possibly made by the Shawnee or Wyandot in Ohio, brought back to
Virginia by Charles Johnston as a souvenir of his capture in 1790 (together with a
published account of his captivity transferred to the library). Gift of Virginia Johnston
Marsden, Elmira, N.Y.
Photograph of Hampton High School Football Team, Cheynes Studio, Hampton, 1912;
photograph of a band in Harrisonburg, Morrison Studio, Harrisonburg, taken 9 October
1894. Purchased through the William Anderson Hagey Fund.