July 15, 2009 – September 15, 2009
Photograph album of the Saal family; various crochet and hand embroidered tablecloths made by Mamie Saal; woven fabric by Hortense Saal Winston Rosenstock. Gift of Barbara Saal Bolton, Henrico.
Oil on canvas painting of the Richmond Armory and canal attributed to James Mooney. Gift of Heth Owen, Jr., Richmond.
Oil on canvas portraits of Robert Douthat, 2nd (1796–1828) and Eleanor Lewis Douthat (1799–1862) painted by William Dunlop. Gift of Eleanor Lewis Douthat, Richmond.
Nineteenth century photographic prints of men, women, and children from the Stearns and Robinson families, primarily from Norfolk and Newport News. Gift of Elise Robinson Tuve and Cabell B. Robinson, Marblehead, Massachusetts.
Civil War era Sibley stove. Gift of Ley and Merideth Watson, Richmond.
Pre-printed fabric for embroidered table linens marked Thalhimer Bros., c. 1930. Gift of Deborah Jean W. Morrell, Richmond.
Two commemorative plates from Moore Street Baptist Church, Richmond. Gift of Ethel R. Jones and L. Kingsbury, Randallstown, Maryland.
Print of The Marriage of Pocahontas, after the painting by Henry Brueckner, 1855, published by Joseph Laing, London, Edinburgh, New York, engraved by John C. McRae. Gift of Mr. and Mrs. David G. Taylor, Richmond.