Oliver Hill, Roy Wilkins, and Reverend Francis L. Griffin
(Copyright Richmond Times-Dispatch, used with permission)
Questions for classroom discussion
1. What do you thin these men are doing? What makes you say that?
2. Who are the men in this photograph? Can you recognize any of them?
3. Look at the expressions on each of the three men's faces. What do you think they might have been thinking about as the picture was taken?
4. Look at the people in the background of this image. Why do you think they've gathered here?
5. The man in the center is holding several papers. What do you think these papers might have on them?
6. What do you think might happen next?
More "Jim Crow to Civil Rights in Virginia" photographs:
Resources for Teachers
• Download activity worksheets to use in the classroom