Digging and picking peanuts by hand
(Accession number: 2000.186.85)
Questions for classroom discussion
1. What do you think this picture is of? What makes you say that?
2. How are the people dressed?
3. Is this picture happy or sad? What makes you say that?
4. What do you think is missing from this picture?
5. Compare this picture with the picture of cutting tobacco. In what ways is it the same? In what ways is it different?
6. Complete this sentence. "Once all the peanuts are picked, these children will . . ."
More "Rural Life in Virginia" photographs:
Resources for Teachers
• Download activity worksheets to use in the classroom