Digging and picking peanuts by machine
(Accession number: 2000.186.84)
Questions for classroom discussion
1. How many people are in this picture?
2. Describe what you think is happening in the picture.
3. What might the people in this picture be saying?
4. Who do you think is the most important person in the picture? Why do you say that?
5. Compare this picture with the picture of picking peanuts by hand. How are the pictures different? How are they the same?
6. Think of three ways to complete the following statement. "Because the farmer bought a machine to pick peanuts, . . ."
More "Rural Life in Virginia" photographs:
Resources for Teachers
• Download activity worksheets to use in the classroom