Old Market Street, Bristol
(Accession number: 1999.17.983)
Questions for classroom discussion
1. Describe the buildings in the picture. What types of stores do you see?
2. List the different kinds of transportation you can see in the picture.
3. Find two people in the picture who look like they are talking to each other. What do you think they are saying?
4. If you could write a different caption for this picture, what would it be?
5. As you look at the picture, can you predict any problems that might arise?
6. If a picture of a busy street like this one was taken today, how might it look different? How might it be the same?
More "Transportation in Virginia" photographs:
Resources for Teachers
• Download activity worksheets to use in the classroom