(Call number: Mss1 W7764 a)
Questions for classroom discussion
1. Describe the picture. What are these men doing?
2. Who do you think is the most important person in the picture? Why do you say that?
3. What do you think is going to happen next? Why do you say that?
4. Compare this road in this picture with the car from Dumfries. How is it different? How is it similar?
5. Have you seen road crews working on highways? What tools look similar? What tools look different?
6. Why do you think the photographer took this picture?
More "Transportation in Virginia" photographs:
Resources for Teachers
• Download activity worksheets to use in the classroom