Cotton bales, Norfolk
(Accession number: 2008.1.55)
Questions for classroom discussion
1. What do you think this picture is of? What makes you think that?
2. What might happen next in the picture? What make you think that?
3. Choose one object in the picture and list as many adjectives as you can to describe it.
4. If you had to describe this picture in just one word, what would it be?
5. Cover up the bottom half of the picture. How does that change what the picture is about?
6. Do you think this is an important picture to study? Why or why not?
More "Industrialization in Virginia" photographs:
Resources for Teachers
• Download activity worksheets to use in the classroom