Larus & Brother Tobacco Company, Richmond, c. 1911
(Accession number: 2001.230.560)
Questions for classroom discussion
1. What do you think this is a picture of? Why do you say that?
2. Estimate how many people you see in this picture.
3. Describe how the people are dressed.
4. Compare this picture with the other Larus tobacco photograph. How is it different? How is it the same?
5. Give a new title to this picture. Why did you choose that title?
6. Right one caption that tells about both pictures.
More "Industrialization in Virginia" photographs:
Resources for Teachers
• Download activity worksheets to use in the classroom