Broad Street looking east, Richmond, 1924
(Accession number: 2002.266.41)
Questions for classroom discussion
1. How many different kinds of transportation do you see in the picture? List them.
2. Estimate how many people you see in the picture.
3. If you could talk to one of the people in the picture, what would you say?
4. Write a caption for this picture that you feel explains what this picture is about.
5. List three questions that you have about this picture.
6. In this picture, what might happen if the traffic officers (the men under the umbrellas) were not there?
More "Urbanization in Virginia" photographs:
Resources for Teachers
• Download activity worksheets to use in the classroom