Equal Suffrage League of Virginia, Richmond, c. 1919
(Accession number: 2002.226.1)
Questions for classroom discussion
1. How many people are in the picture?
2. Describe the action in the picture. Where do you think the people are going?
3. Where do you think the picture was taken?
4. Can you identify specific symbols on the banners and signs?
5. What do you think the people in the picture want?
6. Can you think of other examples of protest in American history? Are there examples today?
More "Women in Virginia" photographs:
Resources for Teachers
• Download activity worksheets to use in the classroom